Symptom Tracker & Organization Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symptom Tracker & Organization Question

Can anyone recommend a program where people can keep track of their symptoms, duration, etc?

Also, I am trying to get a grasp on something specific. For example . . .

10/21/16, Suzy wrote: "I experienced dizziness that lasted for two weeks" . . .

Does the dizziness need to be continuous, 24/7? Or can it come and go throughout each day of the two weeks to count for the duration logged?

I hope this makes sense.

Does anyone do this?

Comment

FBNF, I'm moving this to general for a wider audience.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Haven't found a good APP, yet

Hi, I have not found one that I wanted to use. I was looking for an app that allowed me to: 1) log specific symptoms; 2) edit symptom name; 3) easy to use; 4) some sort of privacy protection/prevention of data collection to 3rd parties; 5) rank symptom (i.e. 1-5 scale); 5) print line chart of different symptoms at certain times and overlap events (i.e. cold, allergies, stressful event, different meds, hormones/menstrual cycle, or supplements); 6) somehow encouraged a positive attitude and didn't encourage neurotic obsession with symptoms.
          I didn't find any that met all those goals.
          What I found:
          1) basic diaries for chronic illness - I prefer to just use diary I have already on calendar or fitness tracker
          2) symptom trackers - I found only set symptoms which weren't modifiable
          3) Ovulation diaries seem to allow for a lot of tracking of symptoms but I felt it wasn't a perfect fit -
          4) "Movement Disorders APP, MD APP". I have not seen many clinical trials on use of apps to benefit of communication with doctor and patient logging of symptoms. BUT this APP was developed for just that and used for Neurodegneration/ Parkinson with good results. It appears the patient version is free and if you want your doctor to track your logs too, the dr pays~$500.
          I didn't get it because I am interested in being able to modify symptom names etc. However, I liked that it is quality tested, peer presented to Neurologists, and was designed for the purpose of tracking neurological symptoms and med managements.

Link to article on APP http://www.neurologyadvisor.com/aan-...rticle/410914/

*Seems like this a niche market one of us should exploit....anyone good with coding???

Comment

Working...
          X