Under the radar MS blogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the radar MS blogs

I get so wrapped up with ActiveMSers, I usually don't have much time to explore the writings of other MS bloggers. Back when I started in 2006, I was one of the first. Today there are a ton of them, and some of them are written pretty darn well, brimming with potential.

Here's one by Rebecca, a fellow Active MSer, who dives into female issues (her latest is on the Big O) that I could never dive into. I've got a number of other MS blogs I enjoy but I figured this could get the ball rolling. What are your faves aside from (hopefully) ActiveMSers? And it is okay to self promote here if you think your blog has what it takes. I want to hear about it!

Stumblr: Life with MS
    https://stumblrlifewithms.blogspot.com/

Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

More that rock.

Here are some others sent to me that I still need to dig into.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Following!this seems like a very interesting thread

Comment

Here's one by Katja, a fellow traveler and wheelchair user, that I find really informative. She hasn't updated it recently, but the articles are spot on for accessibility and adventures.

http://journal.brokenclay.org/
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

I got this nice note from a member (Barbara) and thought I'd share her work on her new blog here. She did plug ActiveMSers after all. - Dave

Message: Hi Dave, I have to tell you how much I enjoy your website, newsletters and blog. I especially like your stories about traveling with your wife and the trials of doing it with MS. The fact that nothing is off limits as far as dealing with some downsides of MS and your sense of humor in relating. I have started a blog, Myboomermind.com, an online diary of my experiences living with MS. I have 4 categories: My Life with MS, Gardening, Music and Random Thoughts on Politics. I was hoping to connect with others struggling with the same issues and starting discussions.
          saying1resize.jpg?w=432&ssl=1.jpg
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Better late than never for a shameless plug for my blog: www.themswire.com. I'm a retired broadcast journalist who's live lived with MS for over 40 years and share news, comments, suggestions and complaints.

Comment

Hey, I literally just started reading your blog yesterday! I love the way you describe your friendship with Joey. I'm a dog lover!

Comment

Tripping on Air is an excellent blog. It appeals to me because she's also Canadian. I love her sarcasm and wit.

Comment

Ardra is great! She has a great snarky side that fits with my humor. We're buds. And The MS Wire is a great read. Ed is great too! We're buds as well. I might not have met either IRL, but I hope to. And yes, I used "great" a bit too frequently in the last few sentences....
                  Dave Bexfield
                  ActiveMSers

Comment

Hi Dave -

I'm a month behind on forum checking, so a belated thanks for your shout-out. It sure would be nice to do a face-to-face once COVID is battled down. Meanwhile, have you thought about setting up a Zoom meet-and-greet for the ActiveMS group?

Ed

Comment

Ed, are you trying to break me, haha?! That's a great idea, but I've got a few too many irons to add a Zoom meeting at the very moment. But that is an intriguing idea. I wonder how many would be interested.....
                      Dave Bexfield
                      ActiveMSers

Comment

This guy! Damien Washington. His videos are great.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJ...4diFBF2QJiYqCQ

He's also on Insta: https://www.instagram.com/damianwashington/?hl=en

Comment

Working...
                        X