Plan J? Well, sheeet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan J? Well, sheeet...

I've been on Rituxan/Ocrevus for the past several years. And since I have SPMS, treatment options are limited. Just had a pow-wow with my neuro about other options—Plan J, attempt #10 to slow down my disease—and he affirmed what I expected: at the time, there isn't a good Plan J. Mavenclad and Mayzent are for active SP disease (no lesions since my transplant in 2010) and Lemtrada is too much risk for too little reward at this stage of my disease. Plus being over 50 doesn't help matters.

So for the time being, it's Plan I: remain on Ocrevus. If it only preserves my upper body 25%, that's still a big deal. Although I'm using a manual wheelchair full time these days, I'm loving life as always. But maybe I need a new handcycle (with electric assist) just because.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Lmh

Dave, love your positivity!

Comment

Dave, i agree, your positive attitude prevails even when others might not be so inclined. Plan I j, they all stink. But you are able to voice these predicaments frankly and with such grace. Such a gift to us. We read, we nod, we share. This community that you created here, supports you.

Comment

Thanks Suebee, LMH. You do whatcha gotta do!
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Treatment with Ocrevus, due in April, is hitting the backburner during the pandemic. Hopeful I can start back up in the summer. A few months of a delay is not too concerning....
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
          X