Nike Flyease easy-entry tennis shoes for MSers and orthodics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nike Flyease easy-entry tennis shoes for MSers and orthodics

Nike's Flyease sneakers have zip closures "for effortless on and off." The laces don't need to be tied; a strap with a zipper quickly secures your fit. Some come in extra-wide widths to accommodate orthotics. I've ordered a pair and will test them out!

https://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/innovation/flyease

Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

So far, so good. The shoe is really light and the zipper definitely makes it easier to put on and take off. I do wish it was even easier, as you need a bit of force to move the zipper, but it's easier than laces. While this shoe has laces, they are for show only and are stretchy.

I'll chime in with more thoughts as I keep wearing them!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Flash Review:

The Good:
      • Much easier to put on than a traditional shoe, and no need for a shoehorn.
      • Extremely lightweight.
      • Pretty attractive; doesn't scream "I'm disabled!"

The Okay
      • The zipper does require a touch of strength to operate.
      • The shoes are a we bit snug as Nikes in general tend to run a tad small.
      • Because the laces are spring-ey, the shoe can't be opened wide unless two hands are used.

Overall, I dig them, and they have pushed my other tennis shoes deep into the back of the closet.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

The original post with the shoe I purchased (a gray model) is no longer available, but there are others. I've really enjoyed the shoe and its disability friendliness. They have 7 men's and 7 women's types available (and lots of kids). Here's the store link:

https://www.nike.com/w/flyease-1eghp...&redirect=true
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
        X