MS always has the last word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS always has the last word

Have you ever noticed that when things are going well and you think things are going to be better MS has the final word. Seems like it knows when your feeling confident and them wham o MS shows you whose boss with a relapse. I keep telling myself not to think how well I'm doing at times and at the least not to say it outloud.

Funny how that is, Becky. Nobody likes the wham-o, that's for sure! I usually just add a qualifier: My MS is doing great ... at this very moment. Less jinxy.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

I know what you are talking about. I have been eating better and exercising latly. I often wonder how long the ability to exercise will last. I am probably pushing it too hard but I feel that I must get to a reasonable weight and level of fitness when I still can. hopefully MS will "play nice" untill I reach some fitness goals.

Comment

Seriously...yeserday I was walking to my car after work thinking "man, I feel AMAZING. Great! I don't even feel like I have MS!!!" (which leads to anxiety and thinking about "omg was I misdiagnosed??? what if I was misdiagnosed????"

Sure as shit, when I went to take a shower, I looked in the mirror and had a blind spot with my right eye (not the eye that gave me the issues that led to my dx in the first place.) I wanted to start crying. NO! NOOOOO! I am not having a relapse. I don't want to have a relapse! For the next 30 minutes, my vision with out of that eye was really wavy. Hard to explain but it was like I could see a ceiling fan out the of corner of my eye in a room with no fans.

I relaxed, watched Master Chef and it went away. I am back to fine today. It's like the universe or God was just there to remind me that, yep, I do have MS.

Comment

Sounds like MS was testing you with a hot-shower Quick Fire and you passed, getting immunity, at least until the next test. BTW, I can only watch that show on a full stomach or I will eat an entire bag of Cheetos. Mmm, Cheetos, the poofy cheesy snack of the Gods.
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
          X