No announcement yet.

Has anyone played Kinect for Xbox 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone played Kinect for Xbox 360?

The Kinect is sort of like the Wii on steroids. This addition to the Xbox 360 uses no controllers and looks really cool. I would think it would be great for fitness. It needs to be played mostly standing up, though, and you also need a good bit of room to move around (coffee tables are bad). Anyone tried it out yet? What are the best games?
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Hi Dave,

I have the Kinect and Xbox. I got them for Christmas. It is really awesome and I am glad I got it instead of the Wii as with the Wii you need controllers for every person. The Kinect, all you need is your body. I have quite a few games already but the ones I really enjoy for fitness are Zumba Fitness and Dance Central.

Stella

Comment

Hi Dave,

My son has the Kinect, but unfortunately he mainly plays games with the controllers and doesn't get any exercise from the Kinect games I bought for him. Kids these days...I think it's time I step in and give it a whirl. I will let you know if I learn of any Kinect games that are worth playing.

John

Comment

Hi John,

When I do the dancing on the Kinect, I try to get my little girl involved and she loves it. Maybe try and do that with your son? I also recently got the new Carnival game which is a carnival game, lol, and you can interact with the rides and even win prizes. Lots of fun also lets you spend some fun time together with your kids!

Enjoy!

Stella
        Last edited by Stella; 05-03-2011, 07:11 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Thanks Stella,

I like the sound of the carnival game. I always liked the rollercoaster tycoon game for the PC. I imagine Dave will also find these games interesting for the Kinect. My son tends to gravitate to the kick boxing/fighting games. The kick boxing offers a pretty good workout, but I will have to try and buy some games that are a little less violent next time we are back in the US. I am sure he will enjoy them. Dad too.

cheers,
          John

Comment

Hi John,

I used to have the Rollercoaster Tycoon game for the PC years back but it ruined my PC (Back in America). Now, I don't buy any games for the PC only for the Playstation or Xbox. By the way, are you British by any chance? I noticed you sign off by saying "cheers." That is a common phrase here in Britain. Just wondering.

All the best,

Stella

Comment

Working...
            X