FREE Yoga DVD with customized MS instruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE Yoga DVD with customized MS instruction

This offer just came across my desk. The free DVD is being sponsored by the drug company Biogen so expect a marketing message mixed in with the three classes. But hey, it's free (although they say supplies are limited)...

"The My MS Yoga DVD contains complete versions of all three My MS Yoga classes. Baron Baptiste and Dr. Elliot Frohman, creators of the My MS Yoga program, discuss the importance of exercise in living a healthy life and how to use yoga as part of total wellness program. Dr. Frohman also helps you learn how you may successfully treat and manage your multiple sclerosis."

http://www.mymsyoga.com/yoga/en_US/m...-dvd/index.xml
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Hi Dave

I wanted to add that I went and signed up to get the DVD and watched it last night.

It is OK... if you want to be constantly reminded that you have MS. I'd have loved it otherwise, and it has inspired me to go and purchase a real intro yoga DVD.

I have been taking yoga classes at a local studio for about 2 months and I LOVE it...so relaxing and it has done great things for my flexibility, balance, muscle tightness and even stress level.

So I cannot recommend this DVD too much, but hey it was free!

Comment

Alternate opinion

So...I have been using this DVD for about a year now. Has really helped and - and yoga is now a core part of my exercise program. Has helped with my core strength and balance....and is a great alternate to stretching.

I did not experience any sense that I was being reminded that I have MS - in fact the term "MS" or any term approaching it is not even used. There is also zero marketing of any biogen products.

There is another DVD distributed by Biogen, about exercising with MS. I have that...but have never used it. Were the comments on this thread perhaps related to that rather than this Yoga DVD?

Comment

Any idea if some of these are still available? I tried clicking on the link which took me to a website. I browsed a bit and couldn't find anything about the dvd.

Comment

Looks like it is gone. Crud! Thanks for the heads up, FBNF.
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

You're welcome. I'll see if I can find any online and shoot you an email.

Comment

Looks like a few found their way onto Ebay. I kind of have an issue with people reselling it....
              kinda tacky sleezy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Active-Welln...3D322029502022

Comment

It's a fine CD, but I agree. Selling it for profit is pretty lame....
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                X