Trekking Pole (Mis)Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trekking Pole (Mis)Adventure

I am an active MSer (dx 2008). I read Dave's review of trekking poles with interest, since I am trying to improve my walking distance. Long story short, my friend who lent me his poles convinced me to do the Wounded Warrior Project 5k this past Monday (11/11/13). The poles definitely help, but by 2.5 miles my legs are completely trashed. In order to get through the race, I used one pole and held on to my husband Brett's arm as he practically carried me across the finish line. The local paper snapped the attached pic of me. They did ask if they could use my name. They did not, however, ask about the nature of my disability. In case you can't read it, the photo caption is as follows:

"DIFFERENT KIND OF WARRIOR: Blind participant Jennifer Davey completes the race with a friend."

What? Who?? I will just tell you that I am not blind. That is one disability I'm lucky enough not to have to worry about (right now, anyway). I see that I do look blind in the photo because of the dreamy, faraway look on my face, but they did not even ask! Also, instead of talking about the Wounded Warrior Project, they chose to run a giant, font-page, misidentified photo of my husband and I. Ugh. That was something I definitely did not foresee!
    Attached Files

"blind" misspenny

Boy, you made me laugh with this! Great story.... ugh is right...
    Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

Working...
    X