Who here is from MN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here is from MN?

Okay, I know you are out there. I've signed up more folks from Minnesota than any other state I believe (well, except for NM, but that's unfair since it's home for me). Don't be shy, connect with folks from your area here. Any until that happens, I'll keep bugging you all....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I was born and raised in Minnesota. I went to college at St. Cloud State University. I live in St. Anthony and work in Minneapolis and I love the Minnesota Twins!

Comment

Sorry Shakes, I was born and raised in Minnesota but moved away when I was a teenager. I initially lived in the twin cities and then up on the iron range in a small town. I still have relatives in Duluth, though. Rest assured that I am still to this day a die hard Twins fan and always will be. I hope to get back to Minnesota someday soon for a vist.

Comment

RIP Harmon Killebrew. One of the greatest ballplayers ever. I had a chance to meet him at an Albuquerque Isotopes game a few years back. Even approaching 70, his grip was like a slugger's. He'll be missed by baseball fans of all stripes.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Who's from Minnesota?

Dave, et al, I'm a Minnesota newbie. I moved out here 2 years ago from New York, smack dab in the middle of nature/wildlife heaven. Great medical care out here too. This is not a commercial but last year I shot and edited a video for the Fairview MS Achievement Center of Minneapolis for their fund raising efforts. It can be seen on my YouTube channel: InsightPhotoVideo and look for the MS Achievement Center video. The reason I'm bringing this up here is that it is a unique center in the Twin Cities area that takes a holistic approach to working with people with MS. Watch the video, it explains the great programs that they have, much better than I can...my wife is the narrator and a former network reporter.

I took a class on how to manage cognitive issues last year (which is how I got to volunteer to do the video), and it was so good that I took it twice. So...I guess I'm spreading the word that there is a place to go in the Twin Cities for help with all kinds of services.

Thanks for setting this site up Dave
          Peter

Comment

Hey Peter, nice to meet you! I'm glad the cognitive classes are working. And thanks for the nicely done (albeit sobering) video. For folks interested, here's the direct link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/InsightP...14/BM8lkDOGe6o
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

MN MS Chick Here!

Born and raised in MN!! I went to college in North Dakota, at University of North Dakota, Grand Forks...now I reside in Maple Grove, after living in Elk River, Apple Valley, and Waconia. I am a very active, very happy married stay-at-home-Mama of one! I do spinning classes, yoga, biking, swimming, basketball, golfing, and running.

Comment

Dave, sorry it took me this long to get back to you. I wanted to thank you for posting the video link. It was a very sobering experience for all of us too, and a ray of hope in a way. I think knowing that there are people out in the community who care and make a difference as advocates for people who can't advocate for themselves is huge! Rather than look at the horrors of this disease I'm hoping that people in all parts of the US can see that they are not alone, that there are programs that will and can make a positive difference in their lives. Hope, it's all about hope...if we lose that...we're all toast. To quote a phrase from the civil rights movement..."keep hope alive!"

Comment

Working...
                X