Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Buddy in San Diego

Hey all.
    I'm in Mira Mesa, San Diego. I need a buddy. I work full time and I am lazy after I get home. I need a work out partner or at least someone to talk to that I can meet in real life and not only virtual.

Help?!?! =)
    Michele
    girl1dir =)

For those concerned, Michele is not a stalker. I've had the pleasure of enjoying a pint (uh, or two) with her and she is a cool cat. When I get back to Cali let's hook up! But I'm not much of an exercise partner 770.5 miles away....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Appreciate the vote of confidence, Dave!!
      girl1dir =)

Comment

Is anyone out there?!

Well... It's been a while since I posted and I'm still looking for a buddy.
        girl1dir =)

Comment

This is a great topic, I'm sure there are a lot of folks in a similar situation so I've listed some places I've managed to make friends and meet exercise buddies.

I met two of my best friends and bike buddies at a "Yoga for MSers" class. Both are younger women who were involved in conducting the class and neither has MS.

I met a walking buddy at the same yoga class. She does have MS.

I met a ski buddy at a "Men with MS" group, he also has MS and we have similar physical abilities.

I have reconnected with old high school and college pals who have become great bike buddies and very good friends. This has grown to include friends of friends.

I have neighbors and their friends that I exercise with.

I also met one of my best bike buddies at a brew pub. I was wearing a t-shirt from a relatively popular bike event that he asked me about. Turned out we had a lot more than bikes in common and although he is quite a bit older than me, we ride comparably.

Another good way to meet people in an exercise environment is to commit to an "Event for a Cause" and join one of the teams, like walk MS or bike MS. It doesn't have to be an MS event but it is important to join a team. A good team leader will have an organized training schedule and team meetings where you can meet like minded people and get started on exercising with other members.

Oddly, the one place I have NEVER met an exercise buddy is at the fitness club. Fitness clubs seem to be about grunting, sweating and breathing hard not about socializing.

Oddly also, I have not met any exercise buddies in my area on this website, and I live in MS central! I do get a lot of exercise support from this site and I have made some very good friends but they tend to live in different states.

There are undoubtedly other folks on the site who who might post more good ideas on this.

Good luck,
          Larry

Comment

Hi Michele, I might be too late, but I am a fellow active ms'er in San Diego. I don't know if you're still active on this forum or not. But I live in San Diego and am looking to connect with others who have MS. I haven't really been out much since covid which put a hold on making connections. If you are still looking for a buddy, I'd be willing to meet in person. I live in OB.
            Last edited by Sirenstrong; 06-15-2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Sirenstrong, I had the opportunity to hang with Michele when she lived (briefly) in New Mexico. She's cool! I also sent her a personal email to make sure this is on her radar. And welcome to our forums! Hope you are enjoying our newsletter, too....
              Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

Thanks so much Dave. I appreciate it. It would be great to connect with someone else with MS in the future.

Comment

Hi hi hi hi hi!!!!!

I'm here!! Yes, MSer friends wanted!!!!!!!

Thank you, Dave, for reaching out and letting me know!!!
                  girl1dir =)

Comment

Working...
                  X