Any Ex-Pat MSers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ex-Pat MSers?

Hi everyone. I am an active MSer, okay, maybe also a stubborn MSer, who refuses to let MS change my life plans. My husband and I own a home (a very small modest home, not a romanticized villa!) in Italy and our plan was to retire there one day. These plans have been in the works for long before my MS diagnosis (2 years ago) and we have an opportunity to live in Italy for 6 months. I am hoping to find other MSers who have traveled or lived outside the USA for an extended period of time to seek guidance on medication, medical care, well, anything and everything. Being somewhat newly diagnosed, I am a total sponge and will take any help anyone can provide...even if it's networking tips, contacts with pharm companies, other MSers in Italy, ANYTHING! Thanks for your help...looking forward to learning from you all and gaining new friendships along the way.
    Last edited by mymsfrenemy; 02-24-2016, 09:28 PM.

I don't have any advice for you (sorry!)

But I wanted to say that sounds amazing...a little house in Italy. I hope you achieve all of your dreams and desires. They sound awesome!

Also welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Marinadca View Post
      I don't have any advice for you (sorry!)

But I wanted to say that sounds amazing...a little house in Italy. I hope you achieve all of your dreams and desires. They sound awesome!

Also welcome!
      Thank you! My husband was a pro-cyclist and he worked in Italy for some time, so there is a longer story to us being in Italy. It is lovely and I have NO-ZERO MS symptoms there...I am still trying to understand why that is. Perhaps 'la bella vita' or 'il bel farniente' is the reason? Anyway, thank you for the the welcome!

Comment

I lived and worked as an expat until 2005, over 15 years. Over 10 of those years I had MS but only 5 of them I knew it was MS. I never did a DMT so wouldn't know about availability but would suspect that it's not a problem in Italy. Maybe contact the manufacturer of your DMT for information and your Dr's or clinic here for referrals. I came back to the US for medical care for my MS but for everything else I used Dr's, hospitals and clinics overseas. There are some surprisingly good Dr's.

For many other aspects, transportation, supplements, other prescription drugs, I found overseas living easier than living in the US. Even the food was probably healthier. I would certainly do it again, in fact I'd do it now if I could convince my wife.

Enjoy,

Comment

Working...
        X