ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 12-05-2018, 07:29 PM
MS Yoda

I did another Rituxan infusion yesterday, they get easier and easier. This one took 2 hours, the only side effect was a slightly fluish feeling yesterday evening. Felt fine today! I think the fact that these things get easier and have less short term side effect is because the target B cells stay pretty much obliterated, hence very little new damage for your body to contend with.

I tried to push the one before this one out to 9 months and ended up with an MS flair before I got the Rituxan. Now I'm just going with an infusion every six months. It's not worth the damage a flair causes if you're secondary progressive. Good stuff if it works for you!

Larry
Old 12-06-2018, 03:41 PM

Default Good report

I tried pushing infusion to 8 months and suffered a flair as you did. That was a couple of years ago. Now I have been asking if infusions could come every 3 months instead of every 6. I was not thinking of asking for an increase in dose but just wondered if anyone has tried a more constant infusion schedule to help prevent the month long slowdown I have before each infusion.

Does anyone do infusions on a different schedule than the protocol of 6 months?

I got an infusion yesterday and the positive impact is even more dramatic than usual. I have been walking steadily today whereas yesterday one leg was really dragging. I’ll have to go dancing!
Old 12-06-2018, 07:21 PM
MS Yoda

I haven't heard of anyone getting a Rituxan infusion for MS any more often than every six months. I think people with RA can get it as often as monthly but I don't know the usual dossage. One guy I know does get a higher dose than the standard 500 MG, something you might ask your Neuro about.

Might be interesting to see if Ocrevus worked longer for you. Seems I heard somewhere that the body can overcome Rituxans toxicity easier than Ocrevus's, an advantage of Ocrevus, but I really don't know.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:00 AM

Default Thanks AMFADVENTURES

Ocrevus is the med that my neuro has waiting in the wings..if rituxan stops working he believes we should give it a try. Since they are virtually identical I am not sure why but I am an adventurous patient🙀

I will ask about dosing. Thanks