Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What equipment do you have in your home gym?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a few kettle bells and some dumbbells. Some light lifting seems to help my spasticity.

Comment

Old foam mat I used to use in Jazzercise. Half foam roller, balance pad. Trekking loled, Looking into motorized trike a.d treadmill.

Comment

Hand weights.

Comment

My goal is to get to the point wbere I can walk my dog. I haven't been able to walk het since relapse 12-20-2013.

Comment

I also have things for occupational therapy, therabar, can with slit in lid to put pennies through, theraputty, exercise bands, pennies to practice picking them up and turning them over, pin cushion to practice taking them out and putting them in. Grade school writing paper to practice writing, hand exercisers

Comment

exercise equipment at home

Therabands, mats for stretching, horses, adaptive aids for riding

Comment

WJNoni, what kind of horses do you have? The only ones I have at home are figurines. That happens when you are on one tenth of an acre.
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

The great outdoors

I'm moving from Ottawa, Ontario, where there's lots of ice and snow in the winter. Not to mention the freezing rain. Moving to Victoria, BC. Less rain than Vancouver and moderate coastal temperatures.

So my gym is now the great outdoors. I use a Swedish design rollator (4 wheeled walker) with ten years inch wheels and a frame that flexes to keep all four wheels on the ground in rough, uneven terrain and on lawns and beaches. It's been much easier to get out and about for walks.

I can go "forest bathing" in local parks and gardens.

My other piece of gym equipment is the city bus. I'm more active using the bus than driving as there's more walking involved. It's also socially beneficial because I meet and talk with all sorts of people.

Sounds strange, but that's my gym.

Comment

I'm bumping this back up, as my gym continues to expand with new gear. A foam roller is new (Laura mainly uses that) and I've got a wider range or lighter (rubber) weights that won't hurt the toes much if I drop them.

Curious what others have added, or decided they didn't need.
                    Dave Bexfield
                    ActiveMSers

Comment

Gym Equipment

About 2 months ago I ordered a set of Bodylastics. They are rubber tubing with solid handles and other accessories. So far I’m very impressed with the quality as well as the number of exercises I can do with them. I also purchased wall mounts to use with the tubing. I learned about these items through Bob and Brad the two most famous PTs on the internet. If you haven’t checked out those guys you should. Very good information and I get a chuckle every time I watch them. I purchased a Trionic rollator last winter. I bought the 14er. It was expensive but worth every penny. I can hook my dogs to it and take them for a walk. I also have Exerstrider poles that I use for walking shorter distances. The poles give a good upper body workout. But my major fitness tool is my e-assist recumbent trike. Nothing like being outside enjoying the sunshine!

Comment

Thanks for bumping this, need to put some thought into what I am going to do this winter. Going to the gym wasn't working so well for me so I ditched the gym membership that I wasn't taking full advantage of and I will be doing swim lessons 1x per week this winter but I need something else....so home equipment will be dusted off - Wii Fit (and other games), Yoga mat and DVDs, balance ball if I can find a way to re-inflate, set of small hand weights, and therabands. Good intentions but will see if I follow through....
                        Callenge life before life challenges you - from inside collar of my "Bike Off More Than You Chew" bike jersey

Comment

I have a career in finding good homes for all the equipment I bought but never used..

I am pretty strong and do a lot of farm work so I am lucky. It is just that I have to crawl which is ok for the crops I am harvesting. I either have my scooter by my side or a strong barrel to use to get me standing. So far my knees still work but I am getting old...

I find that exercising by digging potatoes or picking peas is great and I also work in the greenhouses. When I can’t do that kind of work I will be in trouble. I need a purpose. Maybe I will have to take up housecleaning!

Comment

I was always into weightlifting, still have a squat rack but don't use it much. But I've really got into calisthenics. Favorite routine is 10 pullups, 10 pushups, 20 bodyweight squats, 10 leg raises. Do all exercises back to back then 2 minute rest(sometimes longer) and do it again. I couldn't make it through in the beginning but I'm getting better. The exercises can be modified to be easier or harder, whatever suits me that day. I think it qualifies for hiit, and minimal equipment.

Comment

I have a Bike on a trainer connected to a PC and TV, I use an online training program Rouvy to ride on a number of bike rides from my spare room.
                              I also have a 4 , 8, and 12 pound medicine balls for core workouts. Dumbbell weights for arms and squats.
                              Wrist weights, I use when WII boxing for more cardio.
                              Assorted Yoga props for when its time to do some stretching.
                              A blue foam pad for Balancing exercises

Comment

I've added a few things to my home gym recently. Light hand weights, 2-4 lbs, for overhead work and reverse flies. A stretching strap. And more exercise DVDs! Laura now uses a foam roller in addition to a Bosu and balance ball, but those are off limits these days for me. Safety first!
                                Dave Bexfield
                                ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                                X