NEW Thermapparel cooling packs offer extended cooling power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Thermapparel cooling packs offer extended cooling power

I just received a new pack of cooling inserts that is supposed to extend the Thermapparel's cooling power an extra hour or so. I'll be giving it the run through soon, and just in time. We are in a heat wave, with temps expected to hit 90 today!

The packs cost an extra $20 and extend the vest's existing 60-120 minutes of cooling an extra hour or so. I'll be testing that, as well as testing fit and concealability. Are they still aces?

This is one of our most recommended vests, so I have high hopes....

https://www.thermapparel.com/shop/ac...-cooling-packs
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Laura did the first test and the weather cooperated: 88 degrees! On May 1! That tied a record high for Albuquerque. Fortunately the vest stayed solid for nearly the full 90-minute bike ride and we would guess there was another 60 minutes of cooling left. But alas that longer testing will have to wait until another day....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

I've been trialing the vest with extended cooling power and with temps still relatively cool, I can't confirm the extra hour. But that said, I can confirm that it is still comfortable, stealthy, and dynamite. The weight increased slightly, from 1 lb 11 oz to 2 lbs, not enough to be noticeable. So far, all aces!
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

It's been in the low 90s here in Albuquerque and I can confirm that this vest is dynamite and just as good as the original. Still form-fitting, still stealthy, it just lasts longer. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better companion for your porch social hours during the summer than one of these vests.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

For comparison numbers between this extended cool vest and the original, we did a trial Saturday on a bike ride when temperatures rose to the mid 90s. In such high temps, the original would have lasted about an hour. This new one lasted about 1:45, a welcome bump up in endurance. I likely will not return to the "slim fit" version unless I need max stealth.
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
          X