Video of Hope (Part 5): Dream Big Dreams in Brilliant Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of Hope (Part 5): Dream Big Dreams in Brilliant Color

For over a half decade, I’ve given the keynote address at my regional BikeMS. This 5-minute video concludes my Hope series about my experience in a potentially groundbreaking clinical trial for multiple sclerosis. As one reviewer said, “OMG that made me cry tears of HOPE.” Here’s to dreaming big dreams in brilliant color. If you need fuel for a future free of MS or your day simply brightened:

http://youtu.be/Pd8pO-K3g_s
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Future of HSCT

Hi Dave,

It seems HSCT is gaining more attention. For me I seem to be doing fine on Copaxone, but I think I would choose to undergo HSCT such as what Dr. Burt is doing at Northwestern University. I hope someday this wI'll be an option for MSers.

I know you had meyomlative HSCT for your disease but I really haven't heard you state anything about your opinions about the two different HSCT methods (meyoblative vs. non-meyoblative).

I would be interested in your view.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Cvfactor; 10-30-2014, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Hey CV, I'm interested to see how the data shakes out between the two approaches as more research gets published. One obviously is a bit safer (and cheaper), and one might be more effective. The question is how much safer and how much more effective. I wouldn't pursue either treatment unless things were rather desperate, but it is nice to know these options exist. Fortunately with the newest treatments, some pretty big guns are available, especially when alemtuzumab is approved.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

And one more thing, take everything you read about these treatments with a large dose of skepticism unless you are reading research from a published study. Most "facts" I've read online about HSCT are simply not facts. The misinformation is maddening and gives false hope.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Yes, I don't think I would consider this treatment since I am doing well on this therapy. But we shall see if it is a viable option in the future for those who don't respond to existing drugs.

Comment

Working...
          X