SNOWBOARDING! First time in four years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNOWBOARDING! First time in four years

Went to the ski hill this weekend and brought my snowboard. And hell if I didn't board on my wobbly two legs! It wasn't pretty and it was on the beginner hill and it was just one run... but by the end I felt it all coming back. I was linking turns, not even using my outriggers (basically forearm crutches with mini skis on the end) and I was even outrunning the adaptive ski volunteers who were helping me. I'm so excited I might just pee myself! Oh wait, that's a little to real for those of us with MS--I don't want to do that. But I'm still way excited! This weekend I might make it up the big hill....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

AWESOME!!! Yeah You!!!

Comment

A quick update. For lesson #2 I insisted we go to the top of the mountain--I was confident I could get down. And I did. In two hours, ha. Very slooooowly. So next week it's back to the bunny hill for more basics and mind-body connection. Bummed? A little. But I got to ride the lift with my wife for the first time in forever, and that made it all worth it. My brains just wasn't ready for steeper terrain (blues).
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Dude,

Huge, huge kudos!

Comment

Way to go!!! I wasn't even coordinated enought to ski pre-MS, let alone snow board but you know what, I think I want to try it again sometime. You're never too old for the bunny slopes, right?

I've said it already but will say it again, I am SOOO glad I've found activeMSers. Inspiration and hope all around.

Comment

Working...
          X