BLOG: Conquering MS’s Mountains and Molehills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOG: Conquering MS’s Mountains and Molehills

“Let’s go the top.” I was feeling confident. “The top top.” After all, I had snowboarded on my own two feet just last weekend. No sit-ski. No tethering with worried instructors trying to keep me from hitting a tree. Just me and my snowboard and a pair of outriggers. And I totally ripped up the slopes. Well, technically “slope” (singular), and more specifically, the bottom third of the bunny hill, which is noted for having a pitch imperceptible to the naked eye. But still. I mean, the last time I had snowboarded was in the spring of 2009 on champagne snow, carving effortless turns on black diamond steeps. I was sure after last weekend that it was all coming back to me. I just needed a little vertical.

“Dave, do you mean the top of the bunny slope?” My adaptive snowboard instructor, Nick, wasn’t so confident. His skeptical radar went off and an eyebrow raised. So I pleaded. He listened patiently. I pleaded some more. And then a wee bit more. He finally relented. In minutes I was riding the lift again with my wife, the only thing keeping me from smothering her with excited kisses was a terrified Nick sitting between us. Still, all was right in the world. And then we reached the top....

http://activemsers.blogspot.com/2013...molehills.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

As usual, humor and excellent point all in one...

Dave:

Up to your usual high standards - a great read, great point to make with enough humor woven in to keep you smiling the whole way through. Have you ever thought of getting into journalism, or something like that?

One of these days, you must post a video of you smothering your wife with kisses. The video taken from a discrete distance of course.....

Comment

Gary, I detect a level of sarcasm here.

Glad I got you to smile!
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

On the detecting sarcasm....on my "Have you ever thought of getting into journalism, or something like that? " comment, absolutely! Didn't you used to be editor in chief/publisher of an international car magazine?

One day I am looking forward to reading your account of hiking up large mountain e.g. Pikes Peak. And when that happens, I and I am sure others you have helped to inspire and educate would be honored to hike up with you....just don't sign me up for videographer duties though.

Comment

Working...
        X