Do you use trampoline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use trampoline?

I know that I have heard somewhere that rebounders are good for exercising, but I am not sure if I want to try it without talking to you first. I mean, they seem good because the bounce is not too aggressive and most rebounders come with a handle. Also, I like the fact that I can do it at home too. What do you think, can I use them and how often?

Emily, have you tried it out at gym or in store? I think that is going to be best indicator if good for you. So long as PT or Dr says ok, and you can use it safely, I say go for it.

Balance issues, weak lower limbs, and low endurance might be reasons it isn’t the best choice. I can’t do trampolines because my vestibular/ balance is effected by MS. I get really dizzy and sense motion not there as well as loose balance immediately. It takes awhile to recover so getting off trampoline doesn’t stop my sensations immediately and I could fall even after I get off. Also I have weak ankle flexors and low endurance which means I might injure my ankle if I do more repetions than my ankle can handle. I like balance boards to help with balance and strengthen core, but not really an aerobic work out. Good luck finding your go to exercise. Keep us posted on what you find!

Comment

Ha, I wish I had that kind of balance! But you know what they say, "Use it or loose it" so if you've got the balance, I'd take Suebees advice and go for it - with caution.

Comment

Working...
      X