New cooling vest for women coming this spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cooling vest for women coming this spring

The folks at Polar Products Inc dropped me a note the other day with word of a new cooling vest they are developing for women. One that doesn't look like it is supposed to be worn in The Hurt Locker or by members of a SWAT team. I'll keep everyone posted when I hear more. In the meantime, does anyone have advice for the designers?
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Cooling vest guinea pig

I contacted Polar with some suggestions and questions. They are currently making samples and I am going to get to sample a vest for the MS150 ride. They seem to really want feedback and are trying to create a new vest. This is from the email I received today-
    "I'm excited for these vests - I've never seen anything quite like them. They will be stretchy and comfortable for exercise. There are two different ones, same size/overall design: the first has small cold packs in key areas, and the second has evaporative cooling beads in the same areas. The evaporative technology is unique in that when it's wet and placed in the freezer, it comes out as cold as a cold pack and stays cold for a very long time."
    I am going to provide feedback and suggestions for Polar in exchange for trying the sample vest.
    Thanks Dave for alerting us to this!!!!

Comment

Pawpaw - Have you had a chance to evaluate the vest? Which one did you try? I went to the Polar website and saw a slew of vests.

I was trying to get a freebie but the saleslady wasn't offering any. Maybe the product you tried is already on the market or I just landed in the wrong section.

Comment

I sent an email to Polar- the "contact us" email- asking about the vests. I asked several questions and made some suggestions about what I needed. A week or two later I received an email from Erin at Polar asking if I would like to sample one. They wanted my measurements so they could make one to fit. They aren't for sale yet and I haven't received the samples yet.
        Good luck.

Comment

In MS World they are discussing cooling vests. One poster actually referred them here for more info.

I did go to the Polar site and saw some vestx and was about to get the evaporating kind but some posters in the other website did cite some problems with it besides this site.

I really need to get a vest to to use coming back from work. I'm commuiting by trike at least 2-3 a week at a non=profit charitable organization.

The commute is going well except now it is really heating up here in Florida
          (90 degress expected for most of next week) and I'm cnsidered about the heat now.

Riding in the morning is cool enough but I'm concerned about riding in 90 degree heat going home. My commute is about 3 miles. I know that's not alot for some but its a long distance for me right now.

I'm riding a one-speed 50 lb trike which doesn't help matters but that's my ride.

I got some wicking type t-shirts/shorts I can change into and plan to get a cooling cap from Polar to put undr my helmet.

Would that be enough to cool me off? My ride is about 30 minutes one way now.

Comment

I guess I would try the hat and the neck band first and see how you do. When I spoke with Polar they said that the evaporative vest can be frozen and it last several hours.
            The one with pockets for little freezer packs will probably be all you will need for 30 minutes.
            The evaporative vest probably won't be good for you unless you freeze it. Evaporative technology works best in low humidity- not Florida.

I am looking for something that will last 5-6 hours. I still haven't figured that out. Polar is running behind in their production. They are sending me the sample vest but they haven't even started making these vests.

Pell

Comment

Thanks pawpaw. Sorry for the late acknowledgement.

Comment

MS Core/Cool

Go to mscorecool.com and their vests are 110% money back gauruntee if you are not satisfied. They also have free shipping.

Originally posted by Lucia View Post
                In MS World they are discussing cooling vests. One poster actually referred them here for more info.

I did go to the Polar site and saw some vestx and was about to get the evaporating kind but some posters in the other website did cite some problems with it besides this site.

I really need to get a vest to to use coming back from work. I'm commuiting by trike at least 2-3 a week at a non=profit charitable organization.

The commute is going well except now it is really heating up here in Florida
                (90 degress expected for most of next week) and I'm cnsidered about the heat now.

Riding in the morning is cool enough but I'm concerned about riding in 90 degree heat going home. My commute is about 3 miles. I know that's not alot for some but its a long distance for me right now.

I'm riding a one-speed 50 lb trike which doesn't help matters but that's my ride.

I got some wicking type t-shirts/shorts I can change into and plan to get a cooling cap from Polar to put undr my helmet.

Would that be enough to cool me off? My ride is about 30 minutes one way now.

Comment

I have a vest from Arctic Heat that I bought a couple years ago. They claim it can be worn under clothing - it has strips of water absorbing gel so it not as bulky as vests where you add ice blocks to the pocket (I think they look like life vests). The only problem is that you get wet and it is lumpy because of the design.

I did see some vests on Cool Medic that look even more normal. I emailed them some questions so when they get back to me, I will post their answers here.

Comment

Working...
                  X