Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling with rebif (DMD)

Hey everyone!

I wanted to check in and see if anyone had any brilliant solutions (given that I can't come up with any) to traveling with rebif and keeping the medication cool. I will be going on a two week trip across the US and parts of my trip I will be backpacking/camping.

I know the medication can survive at room temp for 30 days, but is it smart to let the medication sit in my backpack in the heat of the summer? Does anyone know a convenient way of keeping the medication cool?

Thanks!
    DA

DA -- I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for you. But so long as we're asking travelling questions, I hope you don't mind if I tack mine on to your post.

I'm on Avonex and planning a trip to Maui in November. Do you take your DMD at the same time you would take it in your time zone or do you adjust and take it at the time you normally would in your new time zone?

Comment

DA, try going to this forum post. Lots of ideas.

http://activemsers.wssnoc.net/showth...light=backpack

I don't think it'll be a problem. Have fun!
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

AZgal I'd just do it on your regular day. Since it is only once a week, timing isn't much of an issue. When in doubt, go a little longer. With Copaxone, I tried to space the meds out as best I could (taking a shot in the airport sometimes), again going longer rather than shorter. So I'd miss a day overall depending on which direction I was flying overseas. No more than one injection every 24hrs, though.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
        X