Trivial Pursuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivial Pursuits

Do you have a hobby or side interest you'd like to share? Sometimes a bit of diversion is a good thing when the old neurons are acting up.

In case there are any movie lovers out there, I thought I'd post this.

Toni Bernhard has a blog on Psychology Today where she's added, "Oscar Films That Realistically Depict Life for the Disabled."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...e-the-disabled

...\O/...
    Liv__Well
    ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

I'm a musician. I play guitar, bass, harmonica, mandolin and banjo. I used to play semiprofessional, bars community events, weddings etc. The effects of MS caused me to retire from playing gigs. I still can play pretty good for a short time if I'm rested. I also enjoy shooting firearms when possible.

Comment

Birdwatching. Three new species visited my yard this winter. I really need to list my Life Birds. (all the birds you've seen in your life. when you see a new species it's called a Lifer) Seeing the world famous Decorah Bald Eagles in person is a doable thing on my bucket list. They are about 3 hours from me.

Different times of year I hunt different things. Right now is the very beginning of deer antler shed hunting time. In May it's Morel mushrooms I hunt.

Comment

@Fat Paul: I played percussion with a group for a few years, and some acoustic guitar. I love the sound of mandolin. I played piano and violin as a kid and still practice piano now and then. I also like target shooting (I am not a hunter ). I earned a marksman medal in the Air Force when I was much younger.

@Sparky: I live in the central valley region of California along the Pacific Coast Flyway. I do some birding too, especially this time of year. Check this out. This was posted on FaceBook by Audubon.
        http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/20..._european.html

...\O/...
        Liv__Well
        ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

Working...
        X