HALT-MS official study update releasing December 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HALT-MS official study update releasing December 2014

I found out from my research neuro that the three year update for my study will be released in December of 2014 in the journal JAMA Neurology, one of the most prestigious. When it hits the web, I'll be sure to post the abstract.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

The latest HALT-MS results are discussed in this JAMA editorial, just released. Alas, I have not purchased, so I don't have the figures. There is a related article in the same issue with an audio interview that discusses NEDA and stem cell transplantation as well. - Dave

-------------------

Is No Evidence of Disease Activity a Realistic Goal for Patients With Multiple Sclerosis?

ONLINE FIRST

Jaime Imitola, MD1,2; Michael K. Racke, MD1,2

[+] Author Affiliations

JAMA Neurol. Published online December 22, 2014. doi:10.1001/jamaneurol.2014.3860

At present, 10 disease-modifying therapies (DMTs) have been approved for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS). These therapies reduce brain lesions and relapses by targeting immune-mediated mechanisms; in some cases, they may have additional neuroprotective effects. The individual response to treatment and the adverse effect profile of these DMTs vary among patients, making treatment decisions complex. Owing to the advent of these therapeutic options and additional therapies under investigation, goals and standards for the success and failure of MS therapy need to be established. For instance, we need to have unifying standards to change medications after treatment failure. Such standards could be used in clinical trials but, more important, they could be used in the clinic—the ultimate destination of any clinical trial.

http://archneur.jamanetwork.com/arti...icleid=2048629
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
    X