Portable shower grab bar good for travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable shower grab bar good for travel

If you have issues at home getting in and out of the tub, grab bars are essential—more specifically permanent stainless steel grab bars drilled into studs. But when you are traveling, sometimes it's just not possible to find an inn that is disability friendly. That's where plastic and portable suction-cup grab bars come in handy. They can run over $100, but I found this one on Amazon for $13 that appears to work just as well. And if I forget it, I won't be too bummed out. Of course you can't put your full weight on it, but it's pretty solid and adds a touch of safety when you are in a pinch.

http://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-...1414311&sr=8-2
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I'll be testing this out on my trip to Houston (and Austin) this next week and I'll report back.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Worked like a charm. Used it on dry, smooth tile with only a bit of grout in the way of the rubber seals. It locks down super solid--I couldn't budge it and I worked it pretty hard on purpose. It's not tiny, but I managed to find room in my bag no problem. I'd recommend it. The extra support was helpful, especially when you need something to grab when you close your eyes to keep the soap out. Makes getting in and out of the shower easier too....
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
      X