Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any RVer's out there?

Hi everyone,
    this scorching summer, I have been on several trips in my second house, my travel trailer. I find it a great way to be able to explore the outdoors and still have the conveniences I need. My family and I have had some great times this summer. Are there any other RV enthusiasts out there?

I would love to have a small travel trailer but my wife feels that any where you cant get room service is too rustic for her

Comment

that's too bad, but that's how I felt too in the beginning. Then we rented one and bought one the following year. it is not quite roughing it - normal beds and kitchen amenities and a great stereo and tv/DVD combo make it a little more like home for me and the kids.

Comment

RVers/ravers

Yes I did make that mistake.Yes I did admit to it.

Woop Woop

lol

Comment

So Keith, are you an RVer or you just like raves? Or raves with RVs (re: Burning Man)?
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

RV

We have a fifth wheel and have been life long campers. We were also involved in sandrails however we sold ours since I can no longer get into it. We did buy a Rhino that I can drive. When we go camping we go with our children who also have rvs. We go to the Sand dunes every Thanksgiving. Steps is a real problem for me so we did get a lift to get me into the 5th wheel. My husband also took out the tub and put a walk in shower and also made the steps going to the bedroom smaller. In the beginning we did tent camping but after having an RV there is no way we can go back. I love having a great bed, bathroom and kitchen to prepare meals.

Comment

Camping and ms

We have a 24ft. trailer that we bought before I was diagnosed in May 2010. I think it is important to continue as best as I can with the things I enjoyed before ms. I take my walker with me and we have a good time camping. Of course my husband has to do all the packing, setting up, driving and cooking !!!!

Comment

Rv

That is one good thing about Rving since I have MS. My daughters and friends won't let me do anything so now I do very little cooking or cleaning. I just sit outside and enjoy family, friends and the weather. Once when we went to the dunes my son bought cheap plywood and make me a path from the trailer to the fire. My scooter worked really well on that trip.

Comment

RVing with MS

My wife was recently diagnosed with progressive secondary MS, and before we were looking at new motorhomes and enjoying retirement and traveling. Any issues in particular we should be aware of...we do think motorhoming is a great way, especially with MS, to see the country and not have to drag bags in and out of hotels as well as put up with TSA practices etc at airports!

Comment

I don't know how your wife's walking is but I think a motor home is a great idea. I would try to find one that had the least steps and a good hand rail to pull up inside the MH. We would love to get a MH but it isn't in the cards right now. Would love to know what model you decide on.

Comment

Motorhome

Thanks for the reply. The more I think about, I am surprised more folks with MS or their partner, don't look at RVing as THE way to see the US and enjoy traveling. We have had 5th wheels as well as a motorhome, and the motorhome we think is the way to go with the MS factor. Meals are what you want to make them, the bed and bath are your own, you can take the pets, and you really get to see the country and meet lots of nice folks.
                      As for motorhomes, we are looking for 34-36 ', and a recently used Country Coach, Newmar, or Tiffin model.

Comment

With international travel likely kaput for 2020, thought I'd bump this to the top. Road trips are going to rule for the near term!
                        Dave Bexfield
                        ActiveMSers

Comment

Sitting at my seasonal site typing this out. Did all that rough camping stuff when we were younger, now it's glamping time.

Comment

Working...
                          X