Hurricane/Disaster Relief for MSers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane/Disaster Relief for MSers

Hello, The MS Society is actively reaching out to Texans who are in need after Hurricane Harvey.

Our thoughts continue to be with everyone affected by the floods. The National MS Society MS Navigators are standing ready with emergency shelter information and other critical need resources through the Red Cross, FEMA, and emergency service providers for people living with MS. This team is available to provide people affected by MS the support and services needed now in the midst of crisis, or after the initial emergency has passed. Our MS Navigators will partner with you to explore and connect you with financial resources for temporary living assistance, medications, and other emergent needs. Please call 1-800-344-4867 press option 1 to connect with an MS Navigator, or via e-mail at generalmailbox@nmss.org.

I am so grateful that my family and home are safe and dry. But so many in my community are not and it is going to take time for all of our community to recover.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you impacted by Harvey and now, Irma.

Contact the MS Society if you need help.
    Suebee

Irma

We just had Irma go over us!
    Spent Sunday night in a shelter, with my home secured with steel shutters, and the goats in the laundry room.

Came home Monday morning with no power or water, but made it through two very warm nights before the power was restored this afternoon.

M.S. flared up a bit from no heat relief, but other than that my condition was pretty stable. My 30 year old autistic adult son had a rough time of not having power for his YouTube viewing though.

I managed to squeeze my electric wheelchair's batteries to run for those 3 days, but it severely limited my ability to do much!

We were fortunate, as we had no hurricane damage, just lots of tree limbs down.
    -
    Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
    Watch my goats at GoatsLive.com
    Active in amateur radio
    Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
    M.S. since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X