No announcement yet.

MSers in Training 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey thanks guys, I'll get back, I'm just a little bummed about it all.

It was diverticulitis and it resulted in a perforated colon hence the emergency surgery. I think it was all brought on because we've been without a kitchen for the last 3 months, trying to live on microwave food. I know there are people who live on that stuff but I'm not one who can. My gut was bothering me for six weeks before it blew up and I'm pretty certain it was the result of an absolute crap diet of processed microwave food.

I had to cancel my trip to Africa. Surprisingly I got all but $200 back on the airfare. My daughter is going to carry on without me though so I am looking forward to at least living vicariously through her adventures. Hope she finds the whale sharks. We were going to Mafia Island in the Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania, google it. That is our idea of a perfect dive base.

On the bright side, I did snow blow about 6 inches off our driveway and front walk the other day. It took several attempts to get it done and it hurt like hell but I felt really good the next morning so that gives me hope.

Anyway, as I'm sure you can tell, I'm not in a very good place right now but, although I'm not excited about it, I will claw my way back, it's just who I am. Meanwhile, please have patience with me friends and carry on.

Thank you all for your support and concern,
    Larry

Ps: I am kind of excited about getting that next - first 10 mile bike ride in though!

Comment

• Larry, as you see, you've got your Forum Family here for you. Dave said it perfectly.... you've motivated so many of us. We're with you..through it all. And I know... we each need to do this recovery stuff in our own way and pace. Blowing you kisses...
      Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

• I have been out of thing lately and I come back to tons of news!

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles Larry I am glad things did not turn out as awful as you thought they would but that still sucks. You are tough though and will overcome this as well!

As for me, I have had some bad luck, though not compared to Larry! I went on a cruise with my husband, it was awesome! But then I came back and immediately got a cold and stayed working at home was a week and a half. Wednesday when I was finally ready to go back to work I was in the hallway on the way into my office and I fell! I sprained my ankle pretty badly. I went to my ortho yesterday and got x-rays and luckily nothing is broken. I was also unable to use the walking boot they they wanted to give me so I am in a soft brace thing. Its pretty painful still! I also have to stay off the bike for at least 3 weeks. So.... I will be spending at least 5 weeks (with the cruise and the cold) off of my bike, which for me means I loss basically ALL the fitness that I had gotten. I am so bummed out. Another thing to bum me out, I was working with a PT on my gait and had gotten to the point were I could jog (OK for 10 seconds at a time but still) a teeny bit and not just walk and that is not also screwed.

I hope the new year brings better health for us all!

Comment

• Marina, we've missed you! Yikes, and heal up fast. I'm usually the guy who injures himself, so seeing anyone else go down is double icky. Let's rock 2017, even if it's baby steps. On that note, the 2017 MSers in Training thread has just launched.

http://forums.activemsers.org/showthread.php?t=2291
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
          X