Vibram Five Fingers shoes for balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibram Five Fingers shoes for balance

I recently purchased a pair of Vibram Five Fingers shoes for balance reasons. I, personally, got the KSO's - but only because they were the only totally black shoes and I found the other models with their wild colors just...ugly. These shoes aren't beautiful. In fact, I think they look like big ole ape feet. HOWEVER, that being said, I love them. They are actually for runners and supposed to imitate running barefoot. I find that being able to use my toes for balance is great.
    I use forearm crutches normally - even in the house - but I've been able to forego those now. I'm looking forward to the snow melting and being able to wear these outside.

I have been looking at vibram toe shoes for the same reasons. Since I retired I have spent a lot of time bare foot. I find it much easier to walk with no shoes. I am trying to go for a walk every day. Obviously this would be dangerous with no shoes. I will buy some this week and report back

Comment

I have now lived with my toe shoes for over a month. I use them mostly for walking. At first they were hard to put on but now that my toes have built some muscle memory it has gotten easier. The shoes seem to help with balance and are great for walking in the sand and dirt. One caution is that my wife ( a runner) seems to have stress fractured her foot when wearing her vibreems. I only use them when exercising. They are kind of goofy looking but effective. I would recommend the vibreem five fingers with reservations. Find your size and then buy them on sale.

Comment

Working...
      X