Living with MS in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living with MS in Europe

This is an interesting site and video project on living with MS in Europe. Thanks for the tip, LivWell!

We live in an age of multimedia when powerful communication combines visual and verbal content. EMSP has developed a new multimedia approach to show how people with multiple sclerosis (MS) live their daily lives Under Pressure.

Renowned photographers have highlighted the situation of people affected by MS with great skill and sensitivity. Their pictures and video footage show the courage, perseverance and mental resilience with which those people respond to the daily pressures. The portraits also illustrate the conditions prevailing in twelve European countries, and the growing disparities between these states in their approach to MS. And this is where the Under Pressure project makes its point: it shows how the variations between national health and social policies can greatly influence the lives of people with MS – for better or for worse.

With Under Pressure, EMSP hopes to effectively promote the interests of people with MS all over Europe, to improve their wellbeing and quality of life and to reduce the health inequalities they face.

http://www.underpressureproject.eu/web/
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

The MS International Federation was linked to the European Multiple Sclerosis Project (EMSP), which looks to be affiliated with our Ntl MS Society.

After reading through some of the pictures' descriptions, my daydreams of living in Europe have been markedly deflated and I'm a lot more appreciative of our convoluted and occasionally flawed, health care system... and the ADA... and elevators.

...\O/...
    Liv__Well
    ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

Very interesting how care varies from country to country. Also very depressing to see those that aren’t getting the care they need.

Comment

I found it sobering too Grady. It really altered my perspective and makes me wonder if there is any way to advocate for changes. I always thought the health care for PwMS in Europe was at least on a par with ours. From this info, there seem to be real needs at very basic levels.

Local advocacy is good too as there are also needs here in the U.S. Differences in Medicaid/Medicare coverage state to state can have a huge impact on people when they need to relocate.

The NMSS is a member of the MS International Federation. Maybe there is an effort already at work.

...\O/...
        Liv__Well
        ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

Working...
        X