Blast! First cold in 2.5 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast! First cold in 2.5 years

It had to happen sometime. Laura got sick last week and we've been doing everything possible to keep me contamination free. But alas, last night the dreaded throat tickle arrived. It'll be a day or two before it gains steam, but I know it's coming. We're supposed to go to Tucson this upcoming weekend to see friends and go to a ball game. Fingers crossed.

I'm just glad this didn't hit earlier when my immune system was whacked. It certainly would have been far nastier. I think my body will weather this one okay. I'll let you all know in a few days....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Yup, sick. Here's a blog post I made about the last time I was ill, in January of 2009. On my sister's wedding day, of all times. A footnote: perhaps it was an omen. They were on there way to divorce in just six months.

http://00634ca.netsolhost.com/blog/?p=42
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Okay, I've mostly gotten over my cold, but the aftereffects are definitely still here. Ugh. Everything is still icky. At least I never got a fever, because that would have really set me back. I'll see how well I do on our weekend trip to visit friends. Hopefully the legs will work better.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Feeling much better! Cold lasted only 4-5 days, so it looks like my immune system is mostly back up to snuff. Immunizations are scheduled for Thurs.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Attended a crowded function this weekend and couldn't help but notice that there were a LOT of folks coughing, sneezing and sniffling. There appears to be something very contagious making the rounds.

Glad you got over that quickly.

Comment

Ha, turns out not so quick. I did well for a day or two, then got really sick Sunday night (ill to the stomach, so not related to the cold). Something I ate? I dunno, but I haven't felt that bad since the chemo. I could barely stand and our guest room was on the second floor! All of my worst symptoms came roaring back. We had planned not to bring my walker on our trip to Tucson since I don't need to use it, but we brought it just in case since I was a touch weak from the cold. Thank goodness. I really needed it. The legs were blitzed.

Felt better Monday for the trip back to ABQ and better still today, but the tummy is still a bit unhappy. Ugh. No beer for me tonight....
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

did your Ms symptoms subside as the cold went away?

Comment

Legs are still barking at me. I feel well, but my strength is not yet 100%. In the past it has taken a few weeks to fully recover from a cold. I guess I have to be patient.
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

Legs are still wonky a month later. They just don't feel right (or as right as they usually feel). I can still do 500 meters unaided but it gasses me. So does exercise that requires the legs.

Is it the residual effects from the cold (another HALT-MSer said it took 6 week+ to get better)? The heat? The MS? Combination of all of the above? I dunno. Unfortunately I have been using my walker a good bit more lately. A fall and a broken leg (like last summer) would set me back a ways, so I have to check the ego and be safe....
                  Dave Bexfield
                  ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                  X