Not a First Line Treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a First Line Treatment?

I am wondering, since this treatment is most effective early in the disease: As painful as it is, would using this as a first line treatment not be the best option?

"Painful" is a bit different than a 5% chance of death. That's permanent. MS can be a very manageable disease and I know lots of folks with mild conditions with few symptoms who are doing great on treatment. I would say an SCT is far too risky, expensive, and unproven to recommend as an early treatment option. Even with potential great success with early MS, it's just not worth it. I'd look at it more like that silver bullet in your holster that you can chamber up down the road if you really have to....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Thank you Dave. You are the best.
      I guess it all depends on your QOL. If your symptoms are constant pain, maybe this looks like a better option.

I should add: I do not have MS. I am looking into this for somebody who does not have a diagnosis yet, but who is in constant pain from whatever the problem is. I am scared and looking.

Congratulations on your continued improvement.

Comment

Just remember that when you say Quality of Life not to forget the life part. And this treatment appears to be effective at halting progression... but it might not do anything for the pain if its already an existing symptom.

Seeing someone suffer can be devastating and it's easy to feel helpless. Hang in there. I Hope you get answers soon.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
        X