ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > MS Fitness

Old 08-28-2017, 12:45 PM
MS Yoda

Veronica, love that you're hiking! Between you, Susanna and the Arteacher I am green with envy.

And Dave, congrats on breaking through the 20 mile wall! I hoped it was just a matter of time, you are after all, a professional at breaking through walls.

Alain, Ocrevus, hope it goes well.

Marina, wishing you well on the "Hilly", maybe you'll get a nice tail wind!

Still plugging along here, riding 3 to 5 days a week, yoga twice a week, lifting weights once in a while. I am also trying to do more walking, shooting for twice a week before yoga. The yoga noticeably relaxes the muscles that stiffen up from the walking, the combination goes together very well.

I appear to have hit my own wall here, I've done half a dozen rides of 70 to 75 miles, sometimes limping home but sometimes finishing feeling pretty good. Still I can't seem to break the 80 mile barrier. It was pointed out to me that I needed to eat more on the rides and that has helped, if not to go further, at least to feel better afterwards. Of course there are some hills in these rides since I am trying to emulate the Tour de Tucson. The ride is still 2 and 1/2 months away so not time to panic yet, but I would like to get reasonably comfortable with something close to 100 miles. After all, I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm struggling (like my sister or my daughter). The walking I'm doing is to prepare me for getting across the two arroyo's, likely where I'll struggle the most.

You all are quite an amazing group, keep it up.

Larry