Celebrated 18th wedding anniversary, a redo of #17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrated 18th wedding anniversary, a redo of #17

We stayed at the same resort, went to dinner at the same restaurant, and cooed the same sweet nothings.

Last year, though, we stayed at the closest room in the whole resort, which was also fully accessible. It had to be--I was using a wheelchair for any activity outside our room. I couldn't make it up the five steps to the lobby, so my wife Laura wheeled me around on the ramp so we could go to dinner. There was a special table for us so we could store the chair nearby.

This year I requested a room in a casita at the far end of the resort--almost a quarter mile away. Oh yeah, and it had to be upstairs. I used the gym (didn't get there last year), explored the spa (ditto), and even lounged in the "warm room," an 80+ degree hut with a roaring fire. This would have been ill advised last year, but this year, no problems. I think I even surprised the staff, some of whom remembered me from our last visit. Champagne never tasted so good (okay, technically it was sparkling--Gruet--but you know what I mean). I wonder what next year will bring?
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers
Working...
X