TIPS & TRICKS: Wii Fit a boon for balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIPS & TRICKS: Wii Fit a boon for balance

A fellow active MSer has put together an interesting article for ActiveMSers on the Nintendo Wii Fit. She participated in a balance study and her results are pretty interesting (study results will be released later this year). It's the newest MS tip/trick on ActiveMSers!

http://www.activemsers.org/tipstrick...orbalance.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

FYI, Tricia (the author) has secondary progressive MS and kudos to her for volunteering for the study. Her report has me looking into getting a Wii Fit. It'll be easier to convince Laura because of all of Tricia's success.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

My friends were playing around with their Wii Fit and had the balance board. They were all wobbling and had horrid balance according to the program. But I, the only one with MS, had the best balance. At least for the short period it took to get the reading lol. I guess being a dancer in my younger years has helped with balance when I'm concentrating on it

Comment

We made this our gift to each other this Christmas. So far my spouse with MS loves it and is really motivated by its apparent MS-specific benefits. I'm enjoying it too but am annoyed that the avatar I chose seems to have a too-close resemblance to Sarah Palin for my taste. I didn't pay enough attention during the setup process! Thanks for the report that led us to add this to our fitness program.

Comment

Working...
        X