Rebounding and MS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebounding and MS ?

Does anyone know of any articles or links relating to rebounding and MS?

Recently I purchased a 44" Bellicon rebounder. Its a very high quality rebounder, that feels much better than my previous one an urban rebounder. Its gentler on my joints, it feels like I am flying when I bounce.

I was afraid of being able to balance on it, but having cog fog I forgot to order the handle bar. Since the mat is much larger than the other rebounder, I can balance with no problem other than an occasional wobble.

I can jog on the rebounder, something I couldn't normally do on a regular floor. It enables me to do jumping jacks, again something almost impossible for me on a regular floor. My heart rate gets raised up nicely bouncing on it. It came with a nice workout dvd, that I use.

I just thought I would post since I haven't seen anything on rebounders here. There is no comparison in the other rebounder I used to use. The other one was much harder to jump on and was harder on my body in comparison.

Well I am off to bounce.

Hey Joy, at first I thought there was no way I'd be able to get on a mini trampoline without killing myself. But some have a balance bar and that would work for me. I see the prices vary considerably, from $50 to $500 (yikes), but it sounds like from your experience that a few extra dollars are worth it, especially since us MSers need something more stable and secure than most people....

Amazon has hundreds for sale:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...refix=rebounde
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Dave,
      The Bellicon Rebounder is in the high $700 range. However it is worth the price. It has such a nice bounce that is unlike any other model.

The width of the mat is wider so it makes me feel safer when I bounce. I was fortunate enough that the width of the mat made it so I did not need stability bars.

One site recommends instead of using stability bars to get a 10' long resistance band and to loop it under the rebounder. You hold on to the ends of it to increase your balance if needed. I did not need this since the rebounder was such a good model. It made the world of difference in my stability.

The other thing is bellicon has a really great dvd that comes with it. It has good tips and workouts that increase your balance and cardio.

I am very impressed with the bellicon.

Comment

Working...
      X