ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 07-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Chris, great that you found us, even though it took 11 years. Think of all the newsletters you have missed. And all of the missed opportunities to chat with new MS buds! Oy. We'll need to make up for the lost time.

And Maia, fabulous to have you aboard. You are certainly among friends. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. The first months can be really challenging mentally. BTW, keep up the exercise!
Old 07-11-2017, 08:25 AM

Default Hi

This site is awesome!

Hi, I'm Mark and I was diagnosed with MS in 2015. Started Tecfidera soon after and have been on it ever since. I'm currently active duty
Army and will be medical boarded out soon. Like others in this forum I like to run and used to run 4-6 miles per day. However since my diagnosis I stopped running and most other exercises, recommended by my Doc at the time. I have a new Doc now and am slowly getting back into exercise, though I haven't tried running yet.

Glad to have found this site and look forward to reading the recommendations.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Mark, I'll speak for everyone here when I say welcome. We look forward to your contributions. With the great advice from folks here hopefully you'll be back and running in no time. - D
Old 11-06-2017, 08:13 PM

Hi, I'm Jeanne. I currently live in Silicon Valley (San Francisco Bay Area) but am retiring next year and have already bought a house with my son in Phoenix. Not looking forward to the months of heat, but with only one living next of kin, my son who lives and works in Phoenix, it's inevitable. I really wouldn't want to live somewhere without anyone I can rely on to help me when I need it. Besides, on retiree income, all the places I wish I could live are cost prohibitive.
When I'm not being an MS Warrior, I rescue dogs. I'm definitely one of those people who think "the more I know people, the better I like my dogs". They don't care that I have MS.
I'm currently on the precipice of changing my MS treatment from 40mg Copaxone to either Tysabri or Ocrevus. I'm leaning towards Ocrevus but haven't found out what my insurance will cover and how much. My neurologist is pushing for Tysabri. I think mostly because that is what they are familiar with.
I found ActiveMSers through looking into getting a scooter and stumbled across the reviews from here about a lightweight scooter that I could lift into my car and not need a lift. I looked into getting a lift for my car and it's outrageous. First I have to retrofit my car to take a hitch ($1,600), then buy the lift that works in a hitch ($1,000-1,500), then the scooter itself. Needless to say I haven't made any decision there either. I'm beginning to think having MS means one great big indecision. I do all the research I can and never seem to have enough information to definitively make a decision!
Indecisively yours,
Jeanne (PhoenixMSgal)
Old 12-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Jeanne! Welcome. I've been running around and meant to write earlier. Choosing a DMT can be confounding. I've done it too many times! Best of luck with your decision.