Recovery Pump gets recommended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery Pump gets recommended

Our resident pro triathlete Kelly Williamson (http://kellyhwilliamson.com/) wrote me the other day about the Recovery Pump, a device she uses (and full disclosure: they are a sponsor of Kelly's and she is a spokesperson for the company). What does this have to do with MS? Here's what Kelly said....

“My aunt has had MS since she was 28—she has a walker and often uses a cart. She has started using Recovery Pump boots (www.recoverypump.com) and she has seen HUGE improvements.” … They have a handful of people with MS who have had good luck with them.

Yes, they are a sponsor of mine but I got to know [founder] Doug Weatherby before I was 'sponsored' and it is a true, legit product. I use it to aid recovery from workouts, etc... but the concept w/my aunt is similar in that it increases venous return (she was given compression socks) and ultimately increases circulation that she cannot actually 'do' herself."
    Now the Recovery Pump is not inexpensive (over $1,000) and it isn't proven to work in MS (it hasn't been studied). And her aunt's success may be placebo effect or may be the real deal. I just wanted to share because it appears there may be potential.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers
Working...
X