My awesome (until the end anyway) trike ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My awesome (until the end anyway) trike ride

Went on a trike ride Monday. Was a perfect fall day, not hot and not cold perfect to ride a trike. Since I hadn't been on the trike for a week I was super excited. I had broken my foot and ankle at the end of September and Monday was the first day there was no twinges from it.
    So I rode about 6 miles. Powered up hills and kept up a record (for me) pace of about 5.5 mph with few breaks to reset my gumption. Totally an awesome ride! My boyfriend was on his road bike pulling our 2 year old in the trailer behind him, all of us having a good time. Sure it was a slow day for him since he's used to 40 mile treks at top speed but hey sometimes you have to slow down.
    We got about two apartment buildings away from ours, speeding down the incline enjoying the momentum. When he got in front of me and slowed down preparing to turn into our driveway. I nearly ran over our daughters trailer, so I hit my brake and tried to swerve at the same time. Anyone who has ridden an adult trike knows that this isn't the best idea! So I flew off the seat, yelling not nice words the whole time. And biffed it on the street! So embarrassing! I had the neighbors yelling down from their porches asking me if I was okay. I'm laying in the middle of the street, feet still attached to the pedals with the strap since I have to tie them circulation cutting tight, yelling back "I'm okay" trying to asses the damage to myself. My boyfriend circled back and released my feet and tried to help me up, but legs were a bit gushy so it took me a good five minutes of sitting there blubbering before I could force myself up. Only injuries are road rash on my elbow, sprained/bruised wrist and a bruise on my thigh where I hit the handle bar. Oh and of course my pride but that heals faster than it all.
    So I'm still maintaining it was an awesome ride, we'll just conveniently forget the ending after my wounds heal Haha!

Welcome to the road rash club

Just wanted to say welcome to the road rash club. You'll find ALL of the BEST riders here. Glad you didn't suffer anything serious and wishing you a speedy recovery.

AMF

Comment

Working...
    X