Cooling Vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Vest

I am a recently diagnosed female looking to positively live with this disease and stay as fit as possible. I have always been ultra active and fit. After being diagnosed around Easter of 2013, I have somewhat come to a screeching halt. I live in Orlando, Florida. Not only am I fighting massive fatigue, but the heat is debilitating. After looking at cooling vests online, I am absolutely overwhelmed. I have read the tips and tricks. I am looking for something I can wear to theme parks, out walking, doing yard work, etc. I am healthy, but this heat zaps me quick. PLEASE HELP!!

Kimberly, after testing a series of vests, I prefer the Glacier Tek for the types of activities you want to participate in. Here is the test: http://www.activemsers.org/gear/testcoolingvests.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Hey Kimberly, I'm in the same boat you are! I live in Texas and was just diagnosed two weeks ago, so as an active MSer, i've been researching cooling vests like crazy. I want something that I can run in without looking like I'm wearing a vest (because even the most subtle vest isn't subtle under exercise clothes). Today, I've just found that Columbia has a line of clothes that are created to get cooler as it gets wet, whether by water or sweat, which is a definite positive when living in the heat and humidity like Texas and Florida. The clothes are priced just like regular exercise clothes and so far I haven't read anything negative about them. Here's the site: http://www.columbia.com/womens-short...efault,sc.html

Good luck!

Comment

Kimberly - I just saw the Columbia Shirts at Dick's Sporting Goods. They are called Omni-Freeze Zero. I did try them on and they run very small so if you try them you might want to go up a size. I am going to hope they go on clearance and get one for next summer. I live in Indiana and it is getting cool here now. Thank Goodness Good luck!

Comment

Evap Vests don't work in areas of high humidity.

Evaporation cooling vests work in areas of low humidity, AZ, UT, NM, other. FL, GA, VA, MS, AL are not areas of low humidity.

Comment

Working...
          X