Sunday’s NYT: Don't mess with this MSer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday’s NYT: Don't mess with this MSer

My five year dispute with my insurance company—the one where they refused to cover a life-saving stem cell transplant for my aggressive multiple sclerosis after all other treatments had failed—is finally resolved, and in the most dramatic fashion. My story is in the Sunday August 3 print edition (published online early) of the New York Times, putting this ground-breaking treatment, questionable health insurance tactics, and ActiveMSers on the world stage.

I won’t spoil the surprise for you, but I’m keeping all of my promises. To pay my parents back. To call attention to a revolutionary approach to our disease. And to change healthcare in my home state.

All I ask today is for help in spreading this message. In the upper left corner you can spread the article via e-mail. Spread it on Facebook. Spread it on Twitter. Spread it on your morning bagel. (Uh, wait, don’t do that.)

Think you can’t change the world? Think again. I didn’t give up because of your belief in me. Thanks once more for all of your immense help—I couldn’t have done it without you. I look forward to dedicating more time to ActiveMSers.org and to the MS cause in general.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/03/yo...temail0=y&_r=0
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I would KISS you right now if you were in front of me!! So happy for you! (Tell Laura not to worry, I would kiss her too!) "You the man!"

I'll spread the word, for sure......

What, no "heart" icon??
    Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

Fantastic

That news made my day Dave! Work is very stressful at the moment so constantly thinking about it - but this news has made me forget about it. I shall celebrate this news and share it with all who need to hear it.

Had not known until today that much of the funding for the original treatment was courtesy of your parents. You must thank them for all of us as well.

Comment

What Veronica said Dave, "You the man". Highly inspirational perseverance. Although I'm not going to kiss you, I will pass the story along.
        Last edited by AMFADVENTURES; 08-03-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Truly amazing, Dave. I will remember this if the going gets tough.

Take good care. I wish I could share a bottle of Prosecco in celebration.

Teena Marie

Comment

This is absolutely wonderful news Dave! I am happy and relieved for you and your family.

Comment

What a triumph and it truly shows that persistence pays off. Congrats on this win against our crazy health care system!!

Comment

Give 'em hell, Dave! Well done! It's also good news to know the therapy you received is bringing us all a step closer to a real cure. The best to you and yours.

Comment

I'm very proud of you. Keep on fighting the good fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X