Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-Line Course on Self-Employment for Individuals with Disabilities

On-Line Course on Self-Employment for Individuals with Disabilities

Are you interested in starting a business but don't know where to start? Do you have a great idea but don't know how to execute it? Have you ever wondered: 'Where can I get money to start a business?' or 'How do I know if self-employment is for me?'

If so, this five-week online course may put you on the path to an exciting new career.

Dates: March 7 through April 4, 2011

The course will cover the following topics:
    • Writing a Business Plan
    • Conducting a Feasibility Study
    • Accessing Community Supports
    • Identifying Funding
    • Using Work Incentives
    Course Schedule

Week of March 7 Self-Employment Overview
    Week of March 14 Social Security Work Incentives, Medicaid Waivers, and Self-Employment
    Week of March 21 Accessing Support Services from Vocational Rehabilitation and Community Rehabilitation Programs
    Week of March 28 Community Supports for Self-Employment
    Week of April 4 Quick Launch Business Start-Up

Each lesson lasts one week and should take approximately four to five hours to complete. All courses are web-based and you must be able to log onto the Internet to access the audio lectures. Weekly lessons include an online discussion forum, audio lectures, and select readings. All participants will be assigned to groups. These groups will be asked to correspond with each other during the course on the course bulletin boards.

Cost for course: $75 per person. Financial assistance is available upon request.

For more information and to register, please email me at susan.lacombe@nmss.org or call (469) 619-4711. You will be screened for the program and your contact information will be forwarded along to the trainers.

Registration is limited and space is on a first-come, first-served basis. Deadline to register is February 25, 2011.

This course is being provided to the National MS Society by START-UP/USA. Self-Employment Technical Assistance, Resources, & Training (START-UP / USA) is a partnership between Virginia Commonwealth University and Griffin-Hammis and Associates, LLC. START-UP / USA is funded by a cooperative agreement #E-9-4-6-011 from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP).

Best regards,

Susan LaCombe, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers
Working...
X