X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting diet

Another interesting study.
    http://news.usc.edu/101187/diet-that...osis-symptoms/

I just completed my first three day fast, the only difference I have noticed so far is food tastes REALLY good after three days without!

Comment

More perspective on the diet from Bart's MS. It's complicated, especially with EAE (the mouse model of MS).

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.b...is+Research%29
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Weighing in on diet...

Originally posted by mvargas View Post
        This is a great article, and I highly recommend reading it. I have had MS for 23 years and have been able to manage my disease through diet & lifestyle. I also have a PhD in nutrition and research the impact of diet on MS.

What is very interesting is the most effective diets for MS have a few things in common. The first is the limitation on processed foods. The second is the emphasis on diets promoting a lean body... usually through calorie restriction. The third is an increase in vegetable consumption.

Wishing everyone health!
        Ruth

Comment

Ruth, with your background, do you see any negative impact of maintaining the 3 day fasting, 4 day eating cycle permanently? I always tend to go 'more is better', not always true.
          Thanks for your view,
          Mark

Comment

Three months after I did the fast I have begun to notice small changes. I have been able to shuffle along without crutches or a cane for a short distance, up to 70 feet so far, I haven't been able to do this since April of 2014. Not sure if this is related to the fast, but I am pretty excited about any improvement for however long it may last.

Comment

The improvements that I have been observing have mostly gone away. I had managed to "walk" up to 160 feet but now I am back to not being able to go 5 feet. Hope I can get some of that ability back. It was great while it lasted.

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X