Women: Shewee for #1 emergencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women: Shewee for #1 emergencies

A fellow active MSer alerted me of this product. Alas, it is not one that I can test personally, but it may be a boon for women in need of a bathroom STAT and none are available. Holler if anyone has tried this gadget, and better yet, post a review. - D

"It's this little plastic thing for ladies so they can stand up and pee anywhere like if you are on side of road or in the woods and gotta go but don’t want to pull your pants down and get poison ivy or tics or mosquito bites or wet all over your shoes, neither do you want others to see you pee in a public place with your pants down or skirt up. - T"
    http://www.shewee.com/
    Attached Files
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I'll be ordering and would happily write a review.

Teena Marie

Comment

I have been pondering getting this thing for a while - think this is a sign to go for it. Plus I can finally write my name in the snow

Comment

After having said I'd review this, I realize it may not work for me since I already have to hang on to the wall to stand up, I can't imagine also hanging on to the shewee. Maybe the bols for emergencies.

Teena Marie

Comment

Another idea I procrastinated too long over... only my design would have had rubber pants at one end or at least something more substantial, like maybe one of those new C shaped bikini bottoms, have you seen them? No sides, just sort of clamps on.

Poking around on the site, I see the About page...are you kidding me? The founder's last name is "Fountain". For real? That's almost like one of your lame jokes, Dave. j/k

I think all women have stand-to-pee envy For the sheer convenience of not having to totally drop trau, or sit on a germy seat, or try to "hover" which, with MSers knees, is ineffective at best and downright dangerous at other times.

I would get one but unless it's something you wear all the time and whip out when needed, I'd probably have an accident trying to get it all assembled.

--Jeri
          Jeri
          Founder, www.PartnersInResearch.org
          Patient-to-patient education about clinical trials.

Comment

Jeri, great point. I would imagine urgency could significantly influence whether or not the Shewee could be used properly. I get pretty clumsy when I'm frantic. Heck, sometimes I'm lucky just to get the trousers down in time!

Incidentally I contacted Shewee but have not gotten a reply. I'll probably have to harass them on Twitter.
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
            X