Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DFL in a 5K walk! Did I really suck that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFL in a 5K walk! Did I really suck that bad?

Yup, I finished DFL in a 5K fit walk this past weekend ... to a crowd of cheering supporters. Why dead last? Why the cheers? You'll have to read the ActiveMSers blog to find out....

http://activemsers.blogspot.com/2012...k-ms-walk.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Yeah!

WOO HOO DAVE!! Walk one for all of us! DFL is better than RIP!!!

Comment

Congratulations. I am so proud of you. You had the courage to try something and finish. It doesn't mean you were last because you were the last one out there. In my opinion the people that slept in that morning and didn't do the race are the "last ones in".

Congratulations!!

Comment

You are my inspiration!

I am hoping to do an MS 5K in March!!!! You are my inspiration!!!!! I don't care if I am DFL!!!! I just want to finish before midnight...TeeHee!!!!

Comment

Dave, I'm a regular on a tri forum - would you mind if I posted your blog (with attribution, obviously) over there?

As the triathletes say, DFL>DNF>DNS!!

Comment

At least you finished! Good for you I'm very happy for you!

Comment

Slugger, absolutely you can post my blog. I love the slogan DFL>DNF>DNS. It's true, you don't get anywhere sitting on the couch. Glad you found us. We have a number of tri members.
              Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

Thanks! It's going up on BeginnerTriathlete.com. It's the one place (other than here and MSWorld, obviously) that I'm fully and truly open among friends about the MS journey.

Comment

Go Dave!

Haha! Awesome!! I can totally relate, I did a 10km trail run 2 years ago (first Whistler Spirit Run) and I came in 40/40. But I came in! Wasn't a pretty finish, dropped foot, swinging the right foot like tree stump... Working on doing a half marathon in june, struggling big time with training. 800 runners in this one, Im shooting for a finish...

Comment

Dave- you beat thousands...

Dave, you were out there doing a 5K walk. Most folks, with or without MS, aren't doing anything. You beat everyone who isn't out there pushing themselves.

Comment

Thanks Whistler and pawpaw! It's so true that many don't even bother. I look forward to entering more "races" in the future. My goal these days isn't winning (boy, that sounds like the opposite Charlie Sheen) but finishing. And I'll finish even if it means camping out on the course!
                      Dave Bexfield
                      ActiveMSers

Comment

This made me smile. I am the DFL around here. Sometimes my friends are polite and call me the "sweeper", but we all know that I'm the DFL one. To the point that my fast running friends know I'll pick up their discarded clothing items for them and bring them to the finish line.

Comment

Ah, the sweeper. I like that. That sounds like a critical position on team ActiveMSers. And the guaranteed all-clear signal for race volunteers.
                          Dave Bexfield
                          ActiveMSers

Comment

Encore! I just re-posted this in the updated blog. Feel free to comment on the post.

http://activemsers.blogspot.com/2012...k-ms-walk.html
                            Dave Bexfield
                            ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                            X