Today I Shaved My Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I Shaved My Head

Today, July 7—an auspicious day in many cultures—I went drug free in preparation of going on a new treatment within the next couple of months. To commemorate this next stage of my battle with this disease, I thought about getting a tattoo or piercing. And then I thought about how much needles and pain freak me out. A HELLA LOT. (Heck, I gave up watching medical shows years ago for the sole reason of seeing too many needles stuck in too many arms.)

I considered the henna thing, which I did in Morocco, but that seemed too transient and too, well, girly. Skydiving entered my mind and then promptly left at approximately 32 ft per second. What to do? So today, my full head of hair went Army of One (but I left the beard). I told my adoring wife that I would look just like soccer superstar David Beckham … only without the six-pack abs, the shocking-handsomeness of a male model, the perfectly chiseled body, and the $45 million annual salary. Or I’d look like a cancer patient who was having difficulty walking.

Bemused, my wife nodded and told me my stubby hair would eventually grow out. At which point she would allow me to, once again, share her bed. She smiled as she said that, so I hope she was joking. I hope. I really, really hope. Because my locks are gone and she’ll be home in a couple hours!

Here's what I look like with a Mohawk. It's already gone.
    Attached Files
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Def Beckhamesque!

Comment

nice bro! you shoulda kept it. :P

Comment

Aw, digging the mohawk - did it really hafta go? I mean, the colors they have these days - you could have color coordinated with ANY outfit!

BTW, my BFF (female) shaved her head again. She's a professional and works at a hospital. Everyone she works with thinks it's awesome. I want to work where she does! (but not shave my head - cutting off 36"+ was enough for me!)

Comment

I love the 'hawk! I gave my brother one a few years ago and he dyed it bright red and sported it for quite awhile. Hey if you ever do decide to go skydiving let me know! That is something I've wanted to do for a long time and I can't find anyone brave enough to go with me!

Comment

Ha, with the Mohawk gone, the hair is a bit short. Okay, a lot short. Bald short. But I will say it is much cooler! Cooler in a temperature way, not cooler as in, "Dude, that's totally cool" way. In a couple weeks it'll start to look more grown in and I'll post another pic.
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
            X