Ampyra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampyra

Anyone have any experience with this med, and will it help with sports/exercise?

Hey GS, I did try Ampyra, it didn't work for me, but I know others who swear by it. Give it a shot. I don't know about the side effects.

Comment

Yes, it work for me and I was taking Ampyra 5 years ago and switch to aminopyridine that work the same but much cheaper. No side effects. Good luck.

Comment

So how did you find it worked? Were you more coordinated, more muscular endurance?

Comment

I use Ampyra and have been on it for close to 5 years. I find it helps with messaging from thinking to action.

No side effects.

I am sure it helps with exercise. Endurance ,maybe. But, it remains, as with many things, quite individualistic.

Good luck.

Teena Marie

Comment

Actually, I first saw an improvement riding my bike like a one mile on hour faster witch is a lot when Your average is only 9! My walking was not that bad 5 years ago so I couldn’t tell but now I if I miss a dose I can tell. I guess one day I should try to stop longer to be sure but I am scare to jinx it! Give it a try.

Comment

I have been taking ampyra for about 5years

Interesting question. I can tell if I miss a dose because I immediately have trouble walking. When I started ampyra I thought it was not helping as I expected to see improvement right away. ( I know...that was dumb).

After 6 months I realized that my walking had been slowly improving. It still is working for me.

On another note, when I went to reorder this month I was told that my copay had doubled. No one at Caremark Specialty pharmacy could give me an answer as to why. Spent 4 hours on phone and still got no answer. But then a person from Caremark called to tell me that the increased copay was because there was now a generic version of Ampyra. If I switched to the generic brand my copay would be only $10 a month. The generic is made by Mylan labs. I went online and read all about the legal fights that had been fought between arrorda and Mylan. Have been taking this generic form for several days now with no problem.

Comment

Working...
              X