• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercising during a relapse

Who's done it? How did it go?

Originally posted by AshNight View Post
    Who's done it? How did it go?
    Ash - I usually try to exercise through relapses but I generally reduce the intensity of the exercise and frequently the duration too, not so much by choice either. My relapses tend to revolve around severe fatigue and maybe a moderate overall loss of strength more than say total limb paralysis or severe vision problems. I couldn't say that it necessarily helps get over the relapse any sooner but I would say it leave's me in better shape when things finally do improve.

Hope you're doing OK.

AMF

Comment

I dont know if this is related or not, but right now my legs are very weak and wobbly I can still walk but I keep swaying, I havent exercised for a few weeks cuz im at my parents' house, before this I was at my own place where I run up and down the stairs clean, cook etc, do grocery shopping, clean my bedroom, im on my feet all day and my legs felt pretty strong, the tingling also stop. Can lack of exercise make your legs wobbly or trigger symptoms/relapses?

Comment

Originally posted by AshNight View Post
        I dont know if this is related or not, but right now my legs are very weak and wobbly I can still walk but I keep swaying, I havent exercised for a few weeks cuz im at my parents' house, before this I was at my own place where I run up and down the stairs clean, cook etc, do grocery shopping, clean my bedroom, im on my feet all day and my legs felt pretty strong, the tingling also stop. Can lack of exercise make your legs wobbly or trigger symptoms/relapses?
        Now that you mention it, I have experienced exactly what you're describing. Try some form of enhanced exercise, brisk walking/jogging/running/stair climbing, something and see if you don't return closer to normal after 4 or 5 days. That usually works for me. If it does, you're probably not having a relapse but IMHO it is some other wierd thing associated with inactivity and MS.

Comment

Working...
        X