Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My stem cell transplant may have caused my broken leg (and why that's good news)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My stem cell transplant may have caused my broken leg (and why that's good news)

If you haven't read, I broke my leg the other day and blogged about it here: http://00634ca.netsolhost.com/blog/?p=52

Two months post transplant I can definitely walk better (well, before the broken leg). And that was the problem. Overconfidence led me to walk around my kitchen with both hands full and my head held high. That lasted for all of a few seconds. I felt pretty dumb splayed out on the floor looking up at my rollator, which my PT (and sister) insisted I not ditch since I could get into bad habits or, worse, injure myself.

While the busted leg is a setback, it should be totally healed in just six weeks (fibula fracture). Even so, I'm still exercising an hour a day, going light on the right leg.

(I'll have more on my improved walking and leg strength in future posts. Being a stats geek, I've measured it.)
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Well wishes on healing quickly and fully!

I am *dying* to hear how you've been doing lately!

Comment

Working...
    X