Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albuquerque mini-golf fundraiser for MS

Details below, sent to me by Gale. - Dave

During the week of March 23rd-March 27th (APS Spring Break), I am organizing a fund-raiser for the Multiple Sclerosis Society at Golfernoggins Indoor Miniature Golf *EVERY DAY* from 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. They will donate 10% of all admissions for that "entire week" to the MS Society.

What do I need from you? Do you have any connection to any of the attached APS schools or other parochial or charter schools? If the answer if yes, would you be able to ask that school to put this information in their weekly (bi-weekly, etc.) newsletter in March? I can provide all of the details needed or even a flyer for you! Just let me know what schools you have contact with and I will get back to you with all of the information. The more advertisement that goes out to schools, the more money the MS Society can earn!

If you haven't been to Golfernoggins, it is family-run and they believe in giving back to the community! It is a LOT of fun for "children" of all ages. The cost is $8 for adults, $7 for children 4-12, and free for children under $4. Additional 18 holes are $1 on the same day! They even have an enclosed play area for young children that has a "soft golf course" and other play things. They also have birthday parties, refreshments, etc. It is not a teen hang-out type of place, but a fun family place to go that isn't dependent on nice weather. Go to www.golfernoggins.com to learn more information about it and see us on their calendar. They are located on Lomas west of San Mateo and the Sunflower Market and just east of Washington.

In addition, I will be advertising with the Cub Scouts and Boy Scout Troops in the area. If anyone has a contact with the Girl Scouts/ Brownies, let me know and I can provide flyers for them! Any other ideas? Let me know!

Thanks for reading this. Hope you can help me out. If you don't have any connection to schools, let your friends and family know about this event. Hope to see you there!

Gale Flack
    884-2043
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

hey. that is the week AFTER the UNM spring break, but if you would like, we can work-up a flyer together that carries a theme similar to "not ready for break to end, yet? play some minigolf!" or whatever and i can put them up around UNM during OUR spring break in preparation for the next week. my number is 505 670 7855. let's meet up sometime in the next couple weeks and get it together!
    Sarah Cady

Comment

Working...
    X