ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 07-16-2016, 10:06 PM
MS Master

Thanks Anchorman! I've found similar dosage and schedule works for me too. (I tried nuvigil and did not like it as much. Maybe because it didn't seem to allow for this type of staggering dose.) Also, as you may have felt, I point out to anyone following this thread, I also give myself days off from drug. Particularly, days I really need to sleep/rest, or days I'm sick with cold/flu, family designated chill out days on weekends, and if I'm finding I feel a little jumpy/anxious.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:10 PM
MS Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suebee View Post
Anchorman,
Thank you for posting how you successfully coped with full time stressful job and MS. There is no real rule book to play by. I was wondering what dosages you used for modinifil and timing. I searched the web for other MSers and usage varies widely. Right now I find 100 mg when I rise around 6-7 am and another 100 mg between 1-3 pm gets me through most days. But I also supplement with caffeine with mixed results. Sometimes I hit it right, and it is an awesome productive day, other times I take my nap and sleep until evening, not so productive.
Any more anecdotal advice is welcome!
Have you tried some B-12 in the afternoon? I take a lozenge that can help me. I mention this as you say caffeine sometimes works, and for sure this is no miracle cure. But this is also the main ingredient in 5-hour, a drink/supplement that makes me too jittery. But if I am dragging in the afternoon sometimes I will take an extra lozenge. It's water soluble, so you won't overload yourself if you don't need it.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:19 PM
MS Master

Thanks Maracanda,
I haven't used that type of B12. I get b12 shots, but i wonder if a little extra would give a boost. i recently started prescription level Vit D again. I hope that will hope some.

Tags
fatigue