Balance therapy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance therapy ?

Hello all, I heard on radio that MS patients are using wii with balance board to improve balance with good results. My Kids own wii but I'd need to buy board and "game". Not sure if I'd enjoy or end up twisting ankle Anyone have experience with using wii to improve balance ? Suebee

I haven't used our wii balance board for 2-3 years. I bought 'Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics Games' which has lots of games using the board. Toddlers to adults had a blast with it. I need to get it out again.

Comment

Exercise DVD suggestions.

Anyone have exercise DVD suggestions ? An earlier thread mention T- Tapp. I need to strengthen my hipflexors and core. I figured out when one week of walking / shuffle jogging left me very stiff and limping. I'm looking into my health insurance covering Some PT but until then I thought i wld get started on my own. Thanks!

Comment

Havingfun, Thanks for comment On balance board.

Comment

I recently pulled out my Callanetics Evolution DVD. It is a combination of yoga, pilates, and lots of stretching. I hang on to a chair for most of the standing exercises at the beginning. The last half (or more) is on the floor. It alternates small movements to build strength and stretching. It keeps reminding to 'tighten your pelvic floor' and builds core. I am hoping it slows down the urine dribble. There are lots of floor leg and rear exercises.

I like the instructor shows the 3 levels at the same time so on most exercises I do the easiest but when I can I bump it up a notch.

I also have the Callanetics Cardio but there is no way I can do the dance moves with my balance issues right now. I would fall over!

Comment

Working...
          X